It truly is amazing what you do as a mom and how your view of life does a complete turn-about. Back when I was a little girl there was nothing worse than having to wear long knee socks. I remember the stress of trying to convince you mom, that it would be ok to wear ankle socks to school even in the middle of winter with the wind whipping my skirt around and the 10 degree weather turning my legs into icicles. Of course I never won (after all you had school rules on your side). I remember pulling into the school parking lot and trying to figure out the best way and time to push them down without you seeing me and without my friends seeing me with them up. If I wait until just before I go in the door maybe you will be driving away already and won't notice? I don't know if you ever did or not but it was a source of great stress for my little life. Now I think they are the cutest thing ever. I just got M a new pair of pink ones and thankfully she hasn't decided yet that they are out of style. They look so cute on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
ha! ha! i laughed out loud when i read your blog, probably because it struck a chord :) Another way to transform knee socks was to carefully fold them down in 2 inch folds. Only the very observant could tell they weren't the real deal. Weren't those the days!
glad i found you! :)
It is amazing how much we change...and M really does look so cute in them. I want a little girl just like her.
oh, the agony of knee socks. it makes me chuckle now to remember that little bit of foolishness. the stories from your little ones are very entertaining. i love 'em!
echo laronda to say i'm glad i found you!
Tilda I love your blog it brings back so many precious memories. I did not know those knee socks were such a pain for you. Tell Mary I love her knee socks on her. Mom
whats going on here. do i need to start blogging or what. help!
confession. i did start one for the third time now.
i know. i am so in love with the knee socks right now too. we took the kids pics the other day and horror we already lost one sock out of the two sets. so they did not make it on the pics.
susan
please persuade my daughter to like them. even with the help of megan and brooke hand-me-downs i have little success in natalie's wearing them without the cold "yes that is what you are going to wear" and by the way remember mom's sox with holes in the heels... and that was never gonna be me.... well last eve a friend said "i like your sox" i shewed her my huge heel hole and said "as you can tell I do too." lou
Tilts, so nice to read about your little kiddos, etc. I still wear knee socks, and so do (some) of the girls.They come and steal my cute ones.I remember 'loving' those diamond ones.Didn't you have any so cool as to want them streched up to get the full view?
I found out about your blog today b'cuz of Shelly's comment on mine!!
Our kids are having a blast seeing pics if yours and reading all the posts in one sitting :)
We'll keep tabs.....now that we know there are tabs to be kept.
Fortunately knee socks were not unisex. That means you never wore to school in the spring what your brothers were wearing the Fall before. All things considered, you had it easy!
Dave
the knee socks are cute and all - but now it's time for something new...
Post a Comment