Sunday, January 18, 2009

Haircuts

While we were in PA for Christmas we took W to Phil's Barbershop for a haircut. Thanks David for your advertising. Phil did a wonderful job, taking probably 20-30 minutes getting it just right. It made me a little sad though because although he really did need it cut, I wasn't quite ready for the "big boy" look that he got. I am getting used to it though. Anyway, we weren't home for more than two days when I heard M back in the bedroom saying "W, come look. I cut my hair". Oh no. In no time flat she had cut two huge chunks out of her own head and took some good slashes out of Phil's beautiful job on W. Thankfully H was nowhere around. She didn't seem too sorry about it until I told her that she probably wouldn't be able to wear her hair in a pony now because it would be too short. That brought immediate tears to her eyes. Her one favorite hairdo is one pony in the back or a bun. I don't very often do it to go away because it doesn't stay in. I always tell her maybe when it's longer. Now she just realized that she has prolonged it even more. Her poor little heart was so dissappointed.


Before his haircut



After the Haircut and the help from M. (Notice the abrupt end to the blond layer on top.)


Do you remember being a little girl and wishing you could have your hair cut? I always wondered how Mom could see it even if I only cut the tiniest little bit from the bottom of my braid. Somehow she always noticed. I thought I would just be so much more beautiful if my ponytails would be even at the bottom instead of wispy. I remember tearing it off with my fingers so that I would be able to say that I didn't cut it when she asked. What tricks did you use?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, We miss u and would love to see your new haircut. I am sure that you are just adorable. please come see your best'est friend, Uncle Dave in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud when i saw your last couple of posts....Blake threw after i talked to you today and mentioned Washington's name. poor guy he doesn't realize that we can't just skip over to your house anymore! :) I can hardly wait till this weekend. can't tell you how glad i am that your coming! luv ya'll!

Anonymous said...

everyone needs to experience cutting their own hair. Josiah just did it a few weeks ago, thinking that he'd save himself a trip to the barber. Actually sped up the process!! I guess i cut mine as a teenager......cute little bangs, ya know. Reeled Dave right in with them, i did!!!!

Twila said...

Tilda~ How are you? Don't know if you remember me, I'm Darrin's sister Twila. Found your site through Shelly's. Don't know her but enjoy her blog!
Your children are adorable!! So you don't live in PA? We don't either...we live in FL for almost 4 years now.
It was interesting finding you! Take care~