Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm a Bird?

I was out in the foyer today going about my duties when I overheard M saying to W, "Don't tell Mama". That always means it would be in every one's best interest for me to go check things out. On my way to her bedroom I heard her voice getting just a little bit panic-y, "I think I'm going to have to tell Mama. Mo-o-o-o-o-o-m!" This is what I saw when I got in there.

She was literally hanging from the knob on the little door and couldn't reach the floor. Amidst all the giggles as we were getting her loose and she was swinging to and fro, she said "I'm almost like a little bird."

Her explanation of how it all happened: "I was climbing up and then when I was coming back down my dress got hooked and I was afraid it would tear." That would have been a major tragedy seeing as her "dotted dress" is the current favorite.

By the way this is a reenactment. I didn't dare let her hanging while I ran for the camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm concluding that they are plenty "gnitz"

Shelly said...

horrible! or at least these kinds of little kid things *could* have horrible endings if the kids didn't have moms to come to their rescue.