The other day on the way home from town M was asking what all the road signs said and meant. She is just starting to recognize a few numbers and letters so it was a whole new thing for her to observe. We were going down the list of different signs with pictures on them and she was telling me what they mean. A school bus sign means "slow down and watch for the school bus". A sign with a tractor means "slow down and watch for the tractor". And when she saw this...

"Slow down and watch for deer and go call your husband"
Then the other night when Virgil was reading them the story of Jonah for their bedtime, he said he was explaining something about Jonah, sort of fell asleep and woke up hearing himself say "because he had to go hunting". Talk about eat, sleep and dreaming deer. I didn't know Jonah was a deer hunter but I suppose he could have been. I can't imagine he had much of a desire to be a fisherman after his experience and he may have thought deer meat is as good as any.
5 comments:
How cute....i love your stories.
"managed to avoid filling your freezer with venison??" TILDA! oh well, i love Mary's sign explanation . . . =)
Shelly, I was all prepared to be virtuous this year and feast on venison, but...then Norman and Nancy came up (or should I say went down, poor things) and the venison didn't seem quite so important. Maybe next winter.
haha i love your stories too!!! i wish i could see my cousins alot more! tell them i love them! brit
Norman and Nancy!!! dare i ask?
Post a Comment