Last night I walked into my "freshly swept and mopped about an hour ago" kitchen and found this.
He's been waiting a long time to get his chance at cracking eggs. He is so fascinated with them every time Virgil brings them in from the barn. He wants to carry them into the kitchen and put them in the box all by himself. Well last night Wash brought them in and got a carton out of the fridge to put them in. Unfortunately the box was full so he brought the fresh eggs back to the other end of the house leaving Harrison to a delightful, ooey, gooey project. I can only imagine his glee.
After I cleaned them up Virgil took them out for me and accidentally did this. It just seemed fitting. From barn, to kitchen, to sidewalk: a full tour of the ranch.
Then I found him today working on a beauty make-over. Mary's play lipstick on his hands, hair, clothes, the sink and every where else. Trust me, if you've never tried to wipe off that little girl, dollar store lip gloss, it's pretty tough. I've heard they are comparable to "Lancome Ultimate Lasting Full Color Lipshine". I don't even want to know what it's made of.
And the applicator brush down the sink. Momma's not too sad and Mary doesn't know it yet.
And a few weeks ago when I was working on this supper for the school sale, I slipped into the shower hoping for a little peace and quiet when Mary dutifully informed me...
"...Harrison is on the counter sticking his fingers in your pies and shlecking (licking) them.
Now just in case I have permanently scared off any potential babysitters, he can be sweet as a rose too. In fact even in the midst of his mischief he always has a smile on his face. It's hard to scold him, a lot easier to run for the camera.

7 comments:
impressive desserts! and i love the last picture- such sparkling eyes.
oh help.
what a munchkin though. you haven't scared off this babysitter
tilda, this is too, too funny! i love your sense of humor, esp from the 'rear view mirror' concept! and (please don't tell phil!) that looked like little phil grinning from the pot! :)
This is just the best. PLEASE keep us updated... he's just fascinating. And I love how you put it all into words.
this soon shall pass Mom
i'd say u have the most pix involving the bathroom in one waay or the other. i'd say if you ever get another bathroom you should get a large one since its the place your family congregates.
Post a Comment