Wednesday, October 15, 2008

who are you?

W brought me his sneakers to put on
and i asked him where he's going.
Huttin.
Where?
Huttin.
Oh, ok.(even though I had no idea what he said).
Then he pulled out Virgil's camoflage hat and the lights came on for me.



Are you going hunting?

Yes. And he holds up his "gun/broom", BANG BANG!





A little while later I found him like this and asked him if he is a cleaning man, a hunter, a worker man, a husband, etc. All these occupations received an emphatic NO.


"I am a DADDY."


And when he is a daddy that is all. He's never a husband and a daddy, never a daddy named Virgil, and most certainly never a little boy. Poor M never has a husband but at least her babies have a daddy.

Notice the nice pumpkins on the living room floor. They are the result of a fun trip to the farmers market to get pumpkins to decorate for fall. All because of the beautiful pictures in my Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Unfortunately this is the farthest I've gotten with the idea. They gave up their lofty dreams of being beautiful fall decor and have quietly settled for being the childrens playthings. Hey it's not all bad. At least they're not stuck in a corner with some dried cornstalks for the rest of their lives.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

i'm impressed. and you really are a better writer then what you give yourself credit for. thanks again for watching my boys and letting us hang out there. made me night go faster.

Anonymous said...

tell wash he would someday make a real good daddy.
mom

Shelly said...

i love it . . . the part about only being one "person" at a time is great. it sure would make life easier if we were only ONE thing at a time, right? but a lot more boring too, I guess. =)